Led by theatre teacher, Jessica Brewster, and technical teacher, John Davenport, the Lovejoy High School Theatre Department has already been recognized for its ability to produce impressive, ambitious productions. In conjunction with the choir department lead by Bethany Stuard, the school has produced full-scale musicals to sold-out audiences such as: Beauty and the Beast, The Sound of Music, Bye Bye Birdie, Into the Woods, Little Shop of Horrors, Annie, and The Music Man, winning Best Musical at Lyric Stage's Schmidt & Jones Awards in Irving.
The school’s plays have included: The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde, Wit, I Never Saw Another Butterfly, The Crucible, the Miracle Worker, Nevermore, Fire in the Hole, You Can't Take It With You, All in the Timing, The Women of Lockerbie, and advancing to State in the UIL One Act Play Competition, And They Danced Real Slow in Jackson and Sweet Nothing in my Ear.
Jessica Brewster and Bethany Stuard host a summer camp program for 3rd - 6th graders which have included: Aladdin and Jungle Book. Summer of 2015 dates listed below.
Lovejoy High School’s students, plays and musicals have garnered many awards for both performing and technical achievements in the one-act play competitions and the Schmidt & Jones Awards.
2015 Lovejoy High School Summer Musical Theatre Camp
Acting, choreography, lighting, costuming, set building, and painting are just some of the fun activities taking place in Lovejoy’s third annual Summer Musical Theatre Camp.
Students will work together to produce and perform Disney’s 101 Dalmatians - Kids. Directed by Jessica Brewster, LHS Head Theatre Director, and musically directed by Bethany Stuard, LHS Head Choral Director, this show will be sure to be an unforgettable experience. Students who attend will develop confidence, sharpen their musical and theatrical skills, and create wonderful memories along the way.
Spots are limited and will be given away on a first-come-first-serve basis, so register now!
There are thirty-five spots available to these young actors. These spots will be given away on a first-come-first-serve basis, so register now!
- July 6 – July 17, 2015
- Camp is held Monday through Friday, from 9:00am – 12:00pm at Willow Springs Middle School in the auditorium
- Performance of 101 Dalmatians—Kids for friends and family at 1 p.m. on Friday, July 17th
- Students who have completed 3rd grade to students who have completed 6th grade may attend
- No experience necessary
- Bring a snack and drink each day
- All registered children will receive a part in the show
- Tuition: $350.00. Tuition is due at the time of registration. Checks must be made out to “Lovejoy Musical Theatre Camp”
- Mail or bring forms and fees to the Lovejoy Admin. Building:
- Attn: Lovejoy Musical Theatre Camp, 259 Country Club Road, Allen, Texas 75002
- Tuition includes a t-shirt, costume fees, and unlimited tickets to the performance
- Please contact Bethany_stuard@lovejoyisd.net with any questions.
Click HERE for more information.